I got tagged by Bryn, so here goes:
The rules:
A. The rules of the game are posted at the beginning.
B. Each player lists 6 facts/habits about themselves.
C. At the end of the post, the player then tags 6 people and posts their names, then goes to their blogs and leaves them a comment, letting them know that they have been tagged and asking them to read your blog.
1. I love good authentic food. In college my roommates and I would often go out to small restaurants that specialized in a country's cuisine. I love to find a delicious "hole in the wall' restaurant. My favorite restaurant types are Italian and Indian.
2. I also like to cook dishes from around the world. Mostly because we live in such small community with very few restaurants and money doesn't grow on trees. So I have become my own restaurant, however, I would prefer that once in awhile someone else do the cooking and clean up. Cooking with children crying and whining in the background and foreground isn't so much fun.
3. I love to sleep in. Usually on the second morning Steve is home in a row he'll take the kids while I "sleep". I can still hear them (mostly Pete), but it's still nice to lay there.
4. I like to create. If haven't sewn or made some kind of craft in awhile I get a creation itch. Where I feel like I have to make something to feel fulfilled. I think that's why I also like cooking. When you cook you create a meal, which your family needs. Other projects cost money and aren't so necessary. Sometimes I feel bad spending money on my hobbies. That's probably why I normally make functional things like quilts.
5. I hate clutter. I'm not bothered by other people's homes, but if my home is a mess, so am I. I get frustrated and easily annoyed when things are disorganized. Once I straighten everything up I'm at peace and happy once again. I might say I am a neat freak, but as Steve pointed out the other weekend, I don't like to clean my house, but I do like a clean house. He said this as he was dusting. Steve is great. He does the jobs I don't like to do namely, dusting, window washing, and cleaning the bathrooms.
6. I'm having a hard time thinking of a sixth thing. Hmmm. Oh, here's something. I think it is the man's job to kill the bugs in the house. I hate bugs. That's why I majored in biology teaching with an emphases in microbiology not zoology. It got me out of taking entomology.
I have tagged Janine, Erika, Jessica, Jenny, and Becky
Friday, November 09, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Ellie, are we related? I love cooking, love doing "creative" things (even if they don't turn out right), hate clutter, and my house currently has a nice layer of dust on it (though my carpets are very clean - I love vacuuming).
I love Marie's eyes - they are so enchanting!
Post a Comment