Thomas had his 4 month baby well visit today. He's 14lbs. and 12 oz (50%) and 26 and 1/4 inches (90%). I guess Thomas is going to be tall like his uncles. We'll see if Peter can stay ahead of his "little" brother until adulthood.
The doctor did say I could start him on cereal. She sort of insisted on it. Her thought was that he needed to gain some weight to go with his height. A lot of books I've read say wait until 6 months. Being the fence sitter, middle child, or whatever you want to call me I told her I really wanted to wait until 5 months. Peter and Marie were both a little over 5 months when I started them on solids. She said that was fine, but she'd like to do a weight check at 5 months then. That's no problem since we have to go back anyways next month for Peter's five year old physical and both Peter and Marie's flu shots. And another thing, it's so nice changing a nursing baby's diaper. Once any food is added things start to get really stinky.
3 comments:
Great job sticking to what you feel is right as a parent. I've always thought solids at 4 months was way too young.
definitely cherish those nursing baby diapers while you have them. I agree about waiting until at least 5 months to start on cereal. That's wild about your dr wanting him to start SO early.
William just had his 4 month check up and weighed the same 14lbs. 12oz. He is also 26 inches long. Our Dr. didn't push starting solids yet, I'm glad. Do what you feel is right for your baby. He will let you know when he is ready.
Post a Comment