Saturday, January 08, 2011

Getting what I really want done.

just a few pictures of the kids playing around.
I normally make a few resolutions each year. They're basically the same ones every year because I have a hard time keeping them. This year instead I'm going to focus on monthly goals and yearly goals. I spend a lot of time thinking about what I'd like to do and how I haven't done it yet. What else does one do while she is breast feeding? I like the sense of accomplishment and haven't felt it much lately. So much of what I do all day just needs to be done the next day and day after that. I want to do a few things that I can just check off. Therefore, each month I'm going to make a few small finite goals I can accomplish. January theme is organization. My goals are to 1. clean out all closets and donate unwanted items. Check, did that last week. 2. fix or finish everything in my mending pile, almost done. And 3. put children's pictures into photo albums. I will start that after my mending is done. I know these things will have to be done again because things will break and I'm going to take more pictures, but they won't have to be done again right away.

As for my yearly goals I want to run a half marathon and read the New Testament. I may add to this list.

2 comments:

Krista said...

I like putting things on my daily to do list that I know I will get done, just so i have something to check off at the end of the day....like brush teeth, take a shower.

I know it is silly, but sometimes it helps to know something got done.

Jenny said...

I'm loving how you're doing the monthly goals along with your yearly goals.