Tuesday, March 15, 2011

this and that

For some odd reason my computer isn't down loading my pictures off my camera. I think it may have to do with the virus problems we've been having. Grrr. Anyways I thought I just write a few things down without pictures. Thomas: Thomas started walking on Sunday. He took four steps between Steve and I. Then on Monday he took 10 steps towards Peter. Today he walked a lot. He took steps everywhere we went the library, the Chic-fil-A play area, and at home. His longest walk was 14 steps. He walks better if you're not trying to get him to walk . Each night before bed the kids get a treat unless they've lost it for not eating dinner. I share my ice cream with Thomas. The last few nights he gets mad when the ice cream is gone. He growls/yells at me. I think it's pretty funny. Thomas gives baby kisses (open mouth) or raspberries. They're mostly to me, but today he gave some to Steve too. In the last few weeks he has started really taking a liking to Daddy. I think he sees how excited Peter and Marie are and gets excited too. Peter: Peter made a rainbow at school. He wrote "to Mar-ie Tomis from Peter. I love how he spelt Thomas' name, too cute. He is learning how to tell time too. He has the hours down good and I often hear him counting 5, 10, 15, 20... to figure out the minutes. Marie: Marie said "shiver-me-timbers" while playing pirates with Peter. She often picks up lines from movies and shows she has seen. Maybe we should have named her Tom Goode. She now has a imaginary friend Milky the cat. I keep forgetting to wait for Milky when we leave the house. I have to re-open the door for him to get out too. Steve and I: Steve tried on his tux from our wedding because he's going to wear it to the etiquette dinner the bishopric is hosting for the youth. Marie saw him in it and asked if I could put on my dress. I got it out and tried it on. Marie said, "Mommy you look like princess!" She didn't notice that I couldn't fully zip it. I have to say I was in the best shape of my life when we got married since we just ran a marathon. To see if I was really really out of shape I tried on my JOBS dress (jobs is girl ask boy dance) from when I was 16. It fit well. However, Marie didn't like it as much. I asked her if she'd like to wear my wedding dress when she gets married. She thought about it, but didn't say yes for sure. She was more worried about who she'd marry. We told she could not marry Peter so she was disappointed. Steve said, "Don't ask her that. She may not be that small then. Look at her now." Marie is still so soft, but so was I at her age. My mom and sister will gladly tell you how chubby I was if you ask.

No comments: