Tuesday, November 01, 2011

Creative Marie

Marie loves to make things. For the first half hour to hour of Thomas' nap Marie gets to watch PBS. After she's done with her show/s we often do what they did on the show. One day she drew rainbows while singing a song to remember the order of the colors. Then she taped them around her room.
The other day we made a spider web by wrapping tape (sticky side out) over a wire hanger. I'm glad PBS gives her project ideas because she hardly ever likes my ideas.
Two of her best buds came over for a play date. They decided to have a short nap time. Lauren told Troy he could not "sleep with her." Marie told Troy he could sleep with her instead. Oh no! ;)
We got a Hannah Andersen catalog in the mail the other week. Marie loved the clothes. So did I, but not the prices. So we recreated an outfit with the clothes Marie already owns. I could tell she felt good about how she looked when I dropped her off at school.
Marie often asks me "so what do you want to make to today?" One day I said how about a car. She agreed that was a good idea so we gather supplies from around the house.
Marie thought it needed a paint job too.
Marie and I paper mache-d a balloon the other week. When it came time to decorate it I suggested maybe we making it into a hot air balloon or a pumpkin. She shot the ideas down and said lets just start and see what it turns into. I'm a planner so Marie creative free spirit sometimes makes me anxious. I see a mess where she sees beauty. I told we to have to have some idea before we began. I pulled out four bottles of paint, green, blue, purple and white. She looked at the colors and said, "lets make the earth. It's white at the top and bottom and green and blue in the middle."

1 comment:

Kris said...

Go Marie! What a creative little thinker! I wish Brielle were more into crafts. Sounds like you guys have a lot of fun.