Sunday, November 13, 2011

Pumpkin Season

I think October is my second favorite month here in VA, April is the first. In October the weather cools off so we can leave the windows open and play outside all day long.
On October 17th Thomas and I went with Marie and her class to the local pumpkin patch. It was a lot of fun. I just wish Peter could have come too, but he had school. Thomas loved the animals. He's our first to be excited about farm animals. The others were chickens.
Thomas shaking hands with the scare crow.
Thomas found a pumpkin just the right size.
Marie's preschool class
Once again Thomas driving.
I didn't notice Marie's funny face until I uploaded the picture to my computer.
I don't think Thomas got the point of this game.
Marie was the only kid that helped dig out the seeds. That part is "too gross" for Peter.
Peter wanted to have the pumpkins carved as Angry Birds. Angry Birds is his favorite computer game. I found some templates online and cut these two out.

The kids in their costumes. Marie was Rapunzel, Peter was Batman and Thomas was his side-kick Robin. I really wanted Marie to be cat women, but she didn't want to be the bad guy or girl in this case. She wanted to be a princess. She got the Rapunzel dress for her birthday so it worked out perfectly. I made Peter and Thomas costumes.
the super heros
our beauty
Starting on the trick or treating trek.
Once we met up with our neighbors Thomas sat with baby Hannah and Marie and Kayla sat together.
Thomas really liked our neighbor Joe's Jason mask.
A super hero and a real hero.
By the end Thomas wanted to hold his own bag and walk like the older kids.

1 comment:

Erika said...

Great pictures! love the pumpkins!