Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Our summer 2009 trip to MN

We started our trip to MN a day late; the joy of flying stand by. Since we were able to make all of our early flights the next day we were still able to visit with my Aunt Laurie and her family. We had brunch with them at the Mall of America. After eating we spent a little time at the theme park. Here Uncle Alan and cousin Aliina are riding the carousel.
Peter and Dad.

Peter, Marie and I on the farris wheel. Steve couldn't get a good shot of us. Marie looked scared the entire time we were riding, but once we were off she kept saying "that was fun!"
Marie meeting Dora.
We had great time at the mall. Thanks Aunt Laurie for treating us.
After the Mall we headed to my Mom's in Mankato. There we had dinner with my mom, grandparents and brother Gerald. Steve left the next day for work. Terri came by to visit us at my mom's

Here is Terri and Marie. We had a good time spending the afternoon with her.
For dinner my mom, the kids and I met my friend Melissa at Mexican Village. I always have to eat at Mexican Village at least once while I'm home.

On Tuesday we went to my sister's. Her daughter Madeline was such a big help with Marie. They played together the whole time. Marie still asks about Madeline. She really fell in love with her big cousin Madeline.


Mads lovin' on Marie

Madeline pushing Marie on the swing for the millionth time.


Steve was able to come back on Friday and stay the rest of our visit. We were still at my sister's that day and went to The House of Bounce. Peter loved it. Here he is going down a huge slide with Madeline. If he went down the this slide once he went down it at least 20 times.

Peter trying the do the running bungee game

loose the cord and just run.


Marie didn't enjoy The House of Bounce. She went in one thing and got jostled and wouldn't do anything else accept maybe the baby toys.
We were in MN over the 4th, but I didn't have my camera with me that day. We didn't make it to a parade as I hoped we would have, but instead played baseball with my sister's family. Steve and I went to the fireworks with Grant, Prudie and their kids, minus Thomas. Thomas stayed behind with Granny (my mom) to watch Peter and Marie, who were sleeping.
We spent our last few days in MN at my mom's again. We went to church with her one day and out to Duck Lake the next. Granny even got in the water with us. It was fun, but the camera was left at the house.

2 comments:

Lindsay said...

These photos are so fun! I loved seeing Travis in your camping shots--hearing his banjo was always great.

Your kids are DARLING! I'm so glad we've connected again.

xoxo,
Lindsay

pwovcha3 said...

Did you see your Granny and uncle Gerald and great grandma and great grandpa?