Wednesday, January 13, 2010

christmas gifts

I made this bag and black and white one for a couple of my friends this christmas. It was quick (2 hours), easy, and super cute.



I also made two "Very Hungry Caterpillar" felt sets for a couple of kids on my list this year. I am yet to finish the third set intended for Marie. It's one of my January goals. :)
My favorite feature is how the caterpillar and butterfly can fit into the cocoon.


5 comments:

Michele Sekaquaptewa said...

so cute! You have to give me the pattern or tell me how you do it. the teacher in me is just making me love this to bits!

Haws Family said...

I love love love them! So fun to see your projects. Did you have a pattern for the caterpillar set? I have a few little caterpillar fans around here who would go gaga!What a great job! That's a lot of stitching... and it all looks so neat! Best of luck finishing Marie's set. You are awesome!

aandkhousewright said...

i love that!!! my kids would love it -- it would be a good church activity. do you have a pattern?

stevenellie said...

I didn't have a pattern for the caterpillar felt set. I just looked at the illustrations and went from there. For the board I sewed two piece of felt together and put two pieces of card board ( about 11 x 8 niches each) in between them. That way the board can folded into a book. If you leave a little space between the pieces of board it creates a binding area. You could use two different colors of felt for your board so you have two different backgrounds. I also thought science board might be more sturdy then card board. To store all the pieces I sewed a little cloth envelope. Hope that explains the project a little better.

Jenny said...

I am the LUCKY recipient of the bag and one of the sweet Hungry Caterpillar sets! Thank you! You are amazing! Love you Ellie.