Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Too busy hosting for picture taking

At the Virginia Living Museum

February has been a socially busy month for us. I volunteered to host a lot of playdates and potlucks because I know soon I won't be able to.

Feb 4 I hosted a playgroup and we made cards with lipstick kisses on them. Many of the grandparents got those as valentines.

Feb 6th We went the library's Mother Goose Rocks activity where they played nursery rhymes set to rock music. The kids loved dancing around at that.

Feb 10th I hosted my mother's group monthly potluck. We also made the heart "stain glass" craft with the kids.

Feb 11th I hosted my church's mothers' group monthly playdate. The kids decorated cupcakes.
I also started teaching a five week quilt class every Thursday night. That has been really fun.

Feb 12 We went to our neighbor Trevor's house to have a playdate and lunch. He is about half way between Peter and Marie, age-wise. We try to have an "our street" playdate once or twice a month.

Feb 13 Steve and I went out on a date. We saw Avatar in 3D and ate at a local Thai place. The movie and food were amazing.

Feb 18th We had playgroup here again, but no craft that time.

Feb 19th We went to the Virginia Living Museum with some friends.

And today Feb. 24th I hosted my church's ladies lunch bunch activity. Only 6 ladies came, which turned out to be nice because we didn't need to divide the group.

Along with all of these events we also went to our home school group and library's storytime once a week. I'm a little tired. I think next month I'll cut back some and focus on getting ready for baby. My mom sent me the fabric I picked out for his room. March is going to be sewing month. Peter also starts swimming lessons up again. Wish him luck, maybe he'll pass level 1 this time.

2 comments:

Haws Family said...

Wow! Super busy! Sounds like a lot of fun though! What are you teaching at your quilt class? That sounds interesting.

You are awesome! Love to read what you are up to!

stevenellie said...

I have the sisters come to my home after bed time, 7:30. Some weeks the kids are sleep other weeks they just read books in their beds. We're making a runner.