Peter didn't pass his eye exam at his 5 year old physical, so I schedule an appointment for him to see an eye doctor. Peter and I went alone while Marie and Thomas stayed with a babysitter. I'm glad they didn't come along because it took them three hours to examine Peter. He wasn't the most cooperative of patients. At one point I had to hold him down so they could put three sets of drops in his eyes. I wanted to cry with him, but stayed strong. The doctor was great though. We choose him because his name was Peter too. He played that up with our Peter. He was a pretty funny doc. It turns out Peter is extremely farsighted in his right eye.
About two weeks after the visit we went back to get his glasses. I thought Peter would not mind wearing them because with them he'd be able to see, right? Boy was I wrong. He refused to wear them and said he couldn't see "anything, ANYTHING" out of them. Steve gave him an at home eye test and he failed with the glasses on. So I scheduled another appointment to see if we got the right prescription. They were able to get me in the next day. Great, but I didn't have time to find a sitter. So we all went. It only took and hour to find out that the prescription was correct, but Peter over focuses when he puts the glasses on. The Doctor said there are two philosophies 1. Take baby steps to the right prescription and spend a lot of money on multiple lens or 2. Take two leaps to the right prescription. He tends to follow the latter. However, with Peter he sees that leaping won't work. I ended up buying a new set of weaker lenses for him to wear until February. They should be in next week. Wish me luck in getting him to wear them. I'm prepared to stand my ground, but I hate having to be the bad guy all the time. .
Now I'm going to rant about the salesman because this is my blog and I can. Feel free to skip over this if you want.
Okay, get this the salesman put that we wanted the $50 anti-glare spray treatment for these temporary lenses without even asking me. I did have to take Marie to the bathroom in the middle of buying the lenses, but still. That nearly doubled the cost of the lenses. I'm glad I double checked his figures before I went to pay. I didn't think selling glasses was like selling shoes. I was really annoyed by how short he was with me. I do see how he could assume that since I got it on the first set of lenses I'd want on these too. However, I was misinformed when I bought the first set. No one told me they were not the final prescription. When I bought the first set I got the spray treatment because the same salesman told me about the two year warranty it gave the lenses. Well, that means nothing if Peter is only going to wear them for 6 months! As you can see I am a little annoyed about my first experience with this salesman too. Really how's a little glare going to affect Peter when he doesn't drive at night or at anytime for that matter and uses the computer rarely? Come on, really? And another thing, that salesman knew that my insurance on Peter didn't cover materials. Rude, selling a mother of three something she doesn't need, but making it seem like she does.
On a happier note, When we were trying to get Peter to wear his glasses Marie insisted she had to wear hers too. Here she is "reading" the scriptures with her "glasses" on.
1 comment:
One positive of the situation - He looks really cute with his glasses on!
Post a Comment