Sunday, June 05, 2011

turning 30



For my 30th Steve threw me a surprise birthday party at a local mexican restaurant. He high- jacked my email to contact my friends. He said he'd been planning this for about a month. When he first asked me what I wanted to do for my birthday I said, "I really don't want a party since we are leaving for MN the day after my birthday." In all honesty I didn't want to be up cleaning until midnight and then have to get up at 3am to catch a 6am flight. So Steve with my friend Lonee's help planned the party the weekend before my birthday and had it at a restaurant so they could do the cleaning. It was wonderful! I thought we were going to just have dinner with another couple, but it turned out to be with most of our dear friends here in Gloucester. The Allison's even made the 2 1/2 hour drive to be here. I was truely surprised when I turned the corner and saw all of them and my children with the sitter. The kids loved the party as much as I did. Peter was begging to come with us when we dropped him off at the sitter's. So it was as much as a surprise for him as it was for me. We'll always remember it.





surprise!

look at all those candles


good thing I had help blowing them out.



On April 22nd Steve turned 30. We went to his parent's to celebrate. We ordered an ice cream cake, but the Indian man taking our order was hard to understand. As you can see by the "Happy Birthday Stve." Oh well, Steve thought it was pretty funny.


See he is laughing.

Steve cuddling with his mom after the party. Never too old for that, huh? I think Steve had a good birthday. I really wanted to surprise him this year with an awesome gift. I found a wake board on craig's list. He jokingly said he'd like one for his birthday, little did he know I would get him one. Peter sort of spoiled the surprised though because he gave Steve really good clues like "it's kinda like water skies and kinda like a skate board."

1 comment:

Dana said...

So glad we were able to make it! It was a great party!