Saturday, June 04, 2011

spring 2011 part 1

Over Memorial Day weekend we went camping with Steve's buddy Ryan from work and his friends. We had a good time even though one of our afternoons was a wash out. Every morning we enjoyed a filling breakfast of pancakes that the boys would make. Steve would also take the boys on an early morning walk or fishing trip while Marie and I slept in. We spent the days boating. Steve tried out his wake board for the first time. He got up on his second try and did great from then on. On Saturday our good friends the Allison's came. Their girls loved wild tube rides. I skied that day too. It was a fun trip.





Thomas had to always help Steve drive.



This is a picture of Thomas' first time in the water. As you can tell he loved it. He really loved it when I'd throw him up into the air and catch him. I think one of my favorite things is just swimming next to the boat.





Thomas turned one on May 12th. We were able to have a family party with many of his cousins. He loves balls so I made him a baseball cake. Thomas' first word other than mama and dada is ball.







He is the first child of ours to eat his birthday cake. Maybe it's because he has been given more treats than the other two ever were given. That's the bonus of being the third.



Thomas says, "Yummy cake Mom and thanks Uncle Rollie for shading me. I won't tan like you do. As you said, I am like my cake, white, white, white."




fun times in Grandma's hot tub.




In april my friend Tina came back to VA to visit. My friend Janet and I met up with her at the Zoo. It was so nice to catch up and let the kids play. I was amazed at how well Peter remembered where everything was at the zoo. He was our tour guide, if you will. The last time we were there was March of 2010.






Thomas with one of his best buds Rosalie.




No comments: