Friday, April 29, 2011

the time is now

I got this clock for our living room last month from Target. I've been wanting an over sized clock for in there since we moved in. I really wanted it to have normal numbers so the kids could read it more easily when the time came. Well, the time is now. Peter can read it perfectly. I think I was in 2nd grade when I got that skill down. It's so fun to see your children master new skills. When we were driving back from Grandma's this past weekend we played "answer this math question." We started with adding and subtracting problems. Then after a while I threw in some clock questions. I was amazed when Peter got, "what time is it when the little hand is almost to 9 and the big hand is at 10." With a "hmm" he said, "8:50!"






Oh and Marie is learning to write her name. She can do it, but doesn't like the R. It's a little harder than the rest for her to write.

No comments: