Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Easter 2008

We spent Easter this year with Steve's family. We arrived on Good Friday just in time to dye easter eggs with Cousin Sophie. By the way, if Peter is asked to name a girl stuff animal or character of some sort the name is always Sophie these days.
Peter really enjoyed "dunking" the eggs and spooning them out himself. He said, "No Daddy, I do it." several times.
The Crabby Easter Bunny
Marie had a hard Easter weekened. Steve and I left her and Peter with Grandma on Sat. while we went out. Marie cried nearly the whole time we were gone, which was close to 4 hours. The only time she wasn't crying was when Grandma took her for a car ride and she fell asleep. Aunt Janine said Marie had a death grip on the ball she's holding in this picture. She wouldn't have anything else. Poor Marie she really missed us. Steve says Marie has a "favorites list." I'm number one, Peter is second, and he is a distance third. When we got back Marie quickly cheered up when I held her. It was like a on/off switch. What a mama's girl I have. Due to all the stress Marie endured on Sat., she was quite the crab cake even for me on Easter Sunday. I think she was constipated. Here I tried to get a cute picture of her in her gorgeous Easter dress. Needless to say, I had no luck.
Niether of my kids would cooperate for pictures Easter morning.

2 comments:

Mere said...

Ellie, you're still just as cute as ever! Poor Marie - she still looks like a doll in her dress.

It's good to see you're still running, even if you are a mom. ;)

Caryn said...

Ellie, you look so beautiful! I just love your kids, too! They are darling! I know I say that all the time. I need to think of something original to say! They both show such personality in their expressions. I love it!