Marie is getting taller she is now 30 inches, which is 50th percentile. She is normally in the 20th for height and weight. Now for weight, however, she is only 19.2 lbs (10%). She has been eating like crazy lately, such as three bowls of cereal for breakfast and a bunch of grapes, so this was a little shocking to me. I guess she is using all those calories to grow up not out. The doctor is not worried because she is still gaining weight though it be a small amount. Marie head is still big 19cm, which is 90% like always. Marie also still has fluid in her ears. This make three complete months that she has had fluid in her ears so she meets the criteria for tubes. The doctor said I didn't have to have it done, but she highly suggests it since flu/cold season is around the corner. We're going to go ahead and have it done. I called the ENT office today so I've started my game of tag with them. Last month it took me two weeks to schedule Peter's surgery follow-up visit for November. We'll see how long it takes to get this whole procedure done with.
P.S. I still can't find my camera. We haven't ripped apart the house yet. Maybe when we do that we'll find it. Or maybe then Steve will consider buying a new one.
1 comment:
You won't regret it. Ethan had tubes put in in May 2007 after 8 ear infections in a year (the criteria around here for tubes is 6 infections in a year - stupid, I know). The procedure is so easy with no recovery time. Ethan's only had one ear infection since he had his tubes put in, and it was cured with ear drops. He'll have to get his tubes out next May if they don't fall out on their own by then. I wish they could stay in forever. :(
Post a Comment