Thursday, January 22, 2009
Am I old?
I work with the young women at my church. Every Wednesday night we have an activity for them. Last night the young women and young men had a combined activity. We played games for our activity. While we were playing I heard an awful high pitch noise. One of the young men had a phone that made a teen repellent noise. When I heard it, I told the group who ever has it stop it and put it way or I'll take it for the rest of the night. The boy who had it piped up and said "Old People aren't suppose to be able to hear this." I replied "Old People, I'm not that old." He said, "Well, those over 35 or 30, ya know." I returned with "I'm not in my 30's yet, thanks. Please put it away." I'm not sure if I should feel old from his comments or young because I can still hear the high pitched sound?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
That kid needs to be whapped! We are not old yet until we hit at least 35.
I always feel young and hip when I'm in YW, except for when, one day, when I was showing them my Girls' Camp pictures, they commented, "We weren't even born when you went to camp!" Yeah, that makes me feel really old!
At least you have the hearing of teenager! But, no, we are definitely not old.
You're NOT old! He tried it on Sister Bonds and I and neither of us heard it.
Although, I claim it's because I had so many ear infections as a child.
Post a Comment