Here he is before church holding his coloring bag Granny made him.
Peter really liked nursery so he was a little sad to go Primary when the time came.
He got over it and enjoyed his new class and teacher. Here he is showing off his new member necklace.
Peter also started swimming lessons. He was very excited until he saw that the water was deeper than a kiddy pool. There are only three kids in his class, which is great. The other two are a set of fearless twin boys. They are very comfortable in the water. Peter is not so fearless or comfortable. At first he didn't even want to sit on the edge of the pool. To help him I rolled up my pants and sat next to him. We kicked our feet in the water together and he started becoming more comfortable. Then the teacher (Miss Rose) wanted him to get in the water with her. He was completely terrified, but he did it. I kept on saying encouraging things the entire time. Miss Rose told me after class Peter's behavior is completely normal and she has defiantly seen worse. She also said it is best I stay out of the water so that Peter depends on her and learns to trust her. She would like me to continue sitting on the edge with him and giving encouragement. She said "that's the best thing I can do for him."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I LOVE the coloring bag. What a great idea to have the crayons in little pockets on the outside.
Yay! So exciting! Todd also is not so happy about not being in nursery. Peter looks so proud in the picture for his swimming lessons! So cute!
Post a Comment