Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Over the weekend

On Saturday night Steve had some guys from church over to play rock band. It was really fun. Steve is pretty good on the drums.
On Friday we worked really hard outside because it wasn't raining. I planted our garden. I went all out this year. I planted tomatoes, yellow and acorn squash, zucchini, green beans, peas, carrots, bib lettuce and swiss chard. Once it warms up some more I'm planning on planting cantaloupe and cucumbers in place of the peas. How can I fit all this in our lot you ask? I'm growing most of it in tomato cages or on a trellis. We are going vertical.
While I was little Miss Green Thumb Steve and Jeremy, a friend from church, worked on the boat finishing the fiber glass and laying new carpet.

5 comments:

AJ said...

Wait, so you have Rock Band? We love it! Do you actually own a system or did somebody bring it over because if you have it for the Xbox 360, let's play!

stevenellie said...

We don't own any of it. Sorry. Jeremy owns it, but he is over most weekends. Our friend Doug brought over the drums and mike.

Kate Lewis said...

Your garden sounds like it will be a great garden. I especially like swiss chard lately. I am looking forward to having a real garden someday.

Jenny said...

You have a boat?

Way to go on your garden! I'm soooo impressed! I want one, but not likely any time soon.... Oh well, I guess I'll hit these awesome farmers markets nearby. That's a pretty good substitution for now.

Nonda said...

Is the rock band performing at our next ward social?