Tuesday, April 14, 2009

reduce reuse recycle

The theme for Peter's Joy School last week was reduce, reuse, recycle. I taught the lesson. We made these cute teapots from an old glove and paper bowls. I got the idea from the book Craft from your Favorite Children's Songs by Kathy Ross. I found the book at my library. It has simple cute crafts. I want to make the spider and spout craft next.
Peter tipping over

there's his spout

Marie tipping over

For our snack at joy school we made dirt cups from pudding, oreos, whip cream, and gummy worms. Not the healthiest snack I know, but sure fun. Marie and Peter wouldn't eat their worms, but Zachary didn't mind at all. At the end of joy school we toured the compost pile Steve has out back.

2 comments:

Jenny said...

I love the theme, 'reduce, reuse, recycle'
I wish that we were close by and could join in the joy school. It sounds so neat and educational!

aandkhousewright said...

That snack sounds really good right now... one of my favorite childhood home evening treats (usually minus the gummy worms)