Monday, April 12, 2010

hanging with cousins

We went to Steve's parents' house for Easter this year. I thought I forgot my camera, but then I found it in the diaper bag on Monday morning. So I don't have any pictures yet of the easter activities we did over the weekend. We had a great time coloring eggs, watching General Conference and the new PBS Emma, and eating Easter dinner at Aunt Jen's in West VA. All of Peter and Marie's cousins were able to be there. Peter and Marie love playing with their cousins. I especially liked watching Katie, Spencer and Marie playing together in the sprinkler.
On our last day there Erika, Roland, and I watched all the kids while everyone else went to the temple for Great Grandma Goode (a.k.a. Goo-Goo). Here all the kids are happily watching Peter Pan and eating popcorn. A moment of no crying, Yeah!Laura, Megan, Peter, Sophie, Katie, Spencer, and Marie. Brooke needed uncle Roland and Brody moved too.
One day we went into D.C. to go to the Natural History Museum and see the cherry blossoms. As you can see, most of the blooms were gone already. Oh well, the trees were still fun to climb on.






Peter looking at some dinosaur bones. He was in awe of them all. All we read these days are dinosaur books. I was happy we were able to see some fossils in real life.


Spencer, Megan, Sophie, Katie, Peter, Brody and Marie

A quick pic. of The Washington Monument on our way back to the metro. Peter even remembered who George Washington was from our school-time lesson. Yes, it's not all in vain. :)

No comments: