
I've had a few projects lying on my sewing table for months even years now. Today I finally finished Peter's big boy quilt. It has been two years in the making. It's not exactly what I envisioned when I set out to make it, but it is still nice. Peter said today when I put it on his bed, "it's wonderful Mommy and comfy!" I wanted to do a transportation theme quilt, but could only find boat and air plane patterns. After piecing the boats and planes together I got tired of piecing so that's why the rest of the quilt is large triangles and squares. I had it machine quilted in Minnesota because my mom's lady is cheaper than the ladies out here. My mom thought the sea waves would work best. She also chose the backing, a star fabric shown in the top picture. I did the binding by hand, which was time consuming but looks really nice.


Here's a flannel rag quilt I just made for my friend Laurie's baby. They are not finding out the sex of the baby so I tried to make it gender neutral. Rag quilts are a quick and easy project. The kind of project I'm going to stick to until my kids are in school. I have already bought fabric to make Marie a rag quilt. Peter has one that Grandma Melinda made him when he was born. She gave me the idea/pattern.
6 comments:
I love both quilts, but I especially like the colors in the rag quilt. I would like to start sewing a little, but it is definitely hard with kids around!
Ellie, you are so talented. I LOVE Pete's quilt.
Yay! It must feel so good to have those done, especially Pete's quilt. They look amazing!
I'm so proud of you! The quilts are amazing! Great job getting them finished. Onto the next one...
The quilt is perfect - we love it and know our baby will, too! Thank you again so much for the wonderful and beautiful gifts you sent.
Thank you again for the beautiful gifts - we love them and know our baby will, too! The colors and pattern are just perfect!
Post a Comment