Thursday, February 12, 2009

What's your mile time?

Yesterday we went the park for the second day in a row. It has been in 70's here. The temperature was nice, however, the wind was quite gusty. To avoid the wind and still enjoy the day we went for a hike. We walked a mile I would say. All the way to number 20 on the tree ID trail. Peter loves telling what number we are at. Marie tries to copy him, but always says two. It took us 45mins to an hour to hike. Today I incorporated our hike into my run. It only took me 9 minutes to run what we hiked. It was good taking it slow with the kids. They loved picking up rocks and sticks and throwing them into the water. It was very peaceful. Children really teach you to enjoy the journey. Every little thing is new and exciting for them. It helps you stop and appreciate the beauty that surrounds you.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love how Marie tries to copy Peter. Natalie's choice of number to repeat no matter what is the situation is 9.