Tuesday, August 28, 2012

August 2012

 I got this great idea from my friend Jane. We made a topographical map of North America using cookie dough. Peter loves maps and Marie loves baking so this was big hit with them both.

 what it looked like after we baked it. 
 Since the beach week crabbing expedition was a flop. Steve really wanted to go crabbing again with the kids. He took Peter and Marie to a spot in the county the lady at the bait shop recommended. They caught between 15 to 20 crabs and kept about 4 I think. I love crab meat. The kids weren't big fans of the meat, but loved catching them.  


Since I we're not finding our the sex of the baby and I feel the need to sew at the end of pregnancy, I have been making clothes for Marie. I have hard time finding dresses with sleeves so I made her some.


 I also made this skirt. I saw one like it in a Lands End catalog.  
 Our neighbor Trevor's Grandparents just bought a house in a neighborhood that has a pool.  Each week since then we have been going over for a pool play date. Trevor has a extra pair of goggles he lets Peter use. Peter will put his head under water with them on, which is huge for Peter. And he has swam some underwater with them on. 
Thomas swims all around the pool with his life jacket on. 

No comments: