Friday, March 05, 2010

Playing with our Children

I read this article and I found that it was like reading my own thoughts on the matter, play.

http://rhythmofthehome.com/spring-2010/playing-with-our-children/

I think I'm going to take the author's advice: focus on really playing with my children 2 or 3 times a day for at least 15 minutes each. By doing so I think we will have more positive and productive days. My reasoning is that when I do need them to play independently, they will be more apt to do so because their need to be played with will have been met. I let you know how it all works out for me.

I know not being present in the moment is one of my weaknesses. This should help me over come it some. Steve is reading The Screwtape Letters by C. S. Lewis. The book addresses this very issue of being not present as one of Satan's vices. If man is more preoccupied with his past or future, he cannot enjoy the moment he/she is in. I know that our Savior and Father in Heaven intended that we find joy in this life "...And men are that they might have Joy." 2 Nephi 2:25. I hope that through fully embracing time with my children I will find the greatest joy in my life. For I know that no other role I play in life is greater than wife and mother.

Sorry, I'm not usually preachy. I just value immensely the time and souls God has entrusted me with.

1 comment:

Haws Family said...

Thank you for sharing. What a great testament! You are a great woman.