Sunday, March 07, 2010

Joint Baby Shower with my Friend Tracey

The ladies from church threw a baby shower for Tracey and me this weekend. Tracey's sister- in-law, Tara, was the hostess. She did a fantasic job. Just look at the cute teddy bear cake she made and booty filled of pacifier candies. Every detail was beautifully done.
The games were really fun even. We played a memory game of pregnancy related words. When you'd find a match she'd hand you a candy bar that went with to the word, i.e. heart burn -a box of Hot Tamales. Her ten year old daughter found conceive and the candy to match that was a Score bar. Tara didn't want to give her the bar and said "hmmm, that's just not as funny when it's your ten year old." I don't think the girl got the joke.
The food was also very good. Sister Grow made sure there were croissants since she knew I loved them.

Here we are opening our gifts. We got a few that were exactly the same, which was cute. Tracey said I need to call her when I dress my baby in those outfits on Sundays. I said that it would be cute because I'd have a dark little boy and she would have light version. Her kids are all very blond.

Tracey opening the gift from me.

I made her burp clothes




And a matching rag quilt.

1 comment:

aandkhousewright said...

fun! it kind of makes me want to have another baby so i can have a baby shower -- kind of. ok, maybe not really, but that cake is cute! love those rag quilts!