
Peter has been stuck inside all week since Marie has been sick. The poor boy by Friday was asking for a "play date." I'm part of a local online Mommies group that sets up play dates about every week. We couldn't go this week. On Friday night when Steve got home, he suggested I take Peter out for ice cream. We were all for it. There's a great ice cream place in an old post office/general store here in town. Peter is always asking to go to the "ice cream house." He remembers when we went there last year with his friend Todd. It's funny what things kids select to remember well. Anyways, we had a great mommy/son date. Although, Peter did commit a few dating faux pas. He wasn't much of a talker. He replied with one word answers to my questions. I think he was more focused on eating his "pink ice cream" (strawberry) and also my "white ice cream" (cookies and cream of course). And when I told him that I loved him he replied back with "okay!"
1 comment:
That whole dating faux pas thing made me smile. Natalie had roseola a few weeks ago! Sorry if we passed it your way somehow...
Post a Comment