Friday, July 11, 2008
Poor Marie
Marie had her 1 year baby well visit on the 1st. That's when I found out she had a double ear infection. One ear was worse than the other. She started anti-biotics that day. They made her stomach uneasy. After she threw up three times, wasn't acting any better, and had a high fever for days, I took her back to the doctor. That was on Wednesday July 9th. The doctor checked her ears and they were worse than before. Both ear drums were now bulging and red. We got a new anti-biotic prescription and off we went. The fever didn't go away until this morning. I was so glad to see it broke. I gave her her morning dose of medicine. Then I went to change her diaper only to find a rash all over her torso. I was afraid it was the beginning of an allergic reaction. I took her back to the doctor. Her ears are still terrible infected and the rash isn't from the anti-biotic, but a virus. She has Roseola. We got a different anti-biotic prescription to be on the safe side. Hopefully, this one works. The rash is the end of the Roseola. It should only be there for a few days. Maybe her ears will heal when that's the only thing her body is dealing with. I have tried the homeopathic remedies on her ears like chamomilla drops and warm olive oil. The chamomilla did seem to sooth her for a bit. The olive oil I couldn't really get in her ears. She just ended up with greasy hair on the sides of her head. I've bought a medicine dropper that I need to try out. Oh, on top of all this illness Marie is getting her top molars. Poor Marie, when it rains it pours all over her.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I am so sorry! I hope things get better with her. That can't be fun for her or the family.
Post a Comment